[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.8: How to produce a sheet line system map?

Brad Nesom gisbradokla at live.com
Fri Mar 1 09:19:10 PST 2013

in arcmap I can setup ddp (data driven pages).
Run a tool to split my alignment by a given length, and then tell ddp
to create a sheet for each segment. Which is ok until your segments go
from north-south to east-west orientation (makes you decide whether to
rotate the page or not or make a square layout).
No polygons needed. You just have to manage a second split data set
for sheet generation only.
The idea I wanted to portray is that when you start thinking about the
objects creating the pages it starts to get easier to see scripting
taking care of page orientation by geometry. Which brings it close to
what is already done by various third party vendors in arcmap.
BSD online
Integrated-informatics
eaglemap
newcentury software
turboroute

That is if you are looking for a true alignment sheet generator such
as the industry standard making the sheet with a specific scale,
orient to the angle of the object, rotate to the next orientation and
the intersection fo the page edge and the alignment, adding ortho
survey crosssing data in seperate data window above etc.
and a quote from one of the searches...
Mostly what you’ll need is pile of python and a lot of patience.
But esri shows up on all of these and adding open source to the end
gets nothing.