[Qgis-user] Export Qgis project to openlayers plugin?

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Sat Mar 2 10:09:08 PST 2013

Hi

I think one of the still hard to solve features of GIS is how to present
your data in the end...

Interactive web maps is until now the best way I know of and here Openlayers
is a versatile (but not always easy) possibility.

I know of two Qgis plugins related to Openlayers export which really (could)
take away some of the Openlayers complexity:

* OGR2Layers to export vector layers (version 0.8.8 apparently not updated
for long)
* Openlayers Export (Export WMS and WFS layers to Openlayers) (version 0.1 -
do not know how old this is)

Shouldn't these two merge to form a total "Export Qgis project to
Openlayers" plugin?

Unfortunately I am not a programmer so I can not do it myself but I can
participate in testing.
And perhaps I might convince my employer to invest something like $200/€150
in this project...

Anybody else interested in this? (I have absolutely NO knowledge on how Qgis
development projects are run so somebody else will have to take the lead!)

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit