[Qgis-user] TauDEM

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 20:59:04 PDT 2013

Dear QGIS Users,

Can I ask somebody to share me notes on how to install TauDEM in QGIS. My
TauDEM seems to be not working correctly. This is how I install TauDEM.

1. I go to fetch phyton plugin in and install Sextante.
2. I install TauDEM 5.0.6 Command Line Executables for 64 bit Windows
PC<http://hydrology.usu.edu/taudem/taudem5.0/TauDEM5Exex64.zip> for
ArcGIs 10.
3. I install MPICH2
4. I configure TauDEM under sextante and specify MPICH2/OpenMPI bin
directory (path is C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin) and TauDEM command line
tools folder (path is C:\Program Files(x86)\TauDEM\TauDEM5Exe)

I tried running taudem but it is not running correctly, it says *Could not
load model watersheds. model ALGORITHM:saga:catchmentarea(parallel)*
*
*
Does anyone has successfully run TauDEM in QGIS? can you share your
installation notes.

I am using Windows 7 prof - 64 bit.

Thanks.
-Leo