[Qgis-user] TauDEM

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 01:39:46 PDT 2013

Thanks Alex, will try your suggestion! thanks for taking the time to reply.
TauDEM is a good tool for terrain analysis and hope I can make it work.

-Leo

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Leo,
>
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:59:04 +0800
> Leo Kris Palao <lk.palao at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1. I go to fetch phyton plugin in and install Sextante.
> > 2. I install TauDEM 5.0.6 Command Line Executables for 64 bit Windows
> > PC<http://hydrology.usu.edu/taudem/taudem5.0/TauDEM5Exex64.zip> for
> > ArcGIs 10.
> > 3. I install MPICH2
> > 4. I configure TauDEM under sextante and specify MPICH2/OpenMPI bin
> > directory (path is C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin) and TauDEM command line
> > tools folder (path is C:\Program Files(x86)\TauDEM\TauDEM5Exe)
>
> As I can see, you setup all correctly and TauDEM should work with
> this settings.
>
> > I tried running taudem but it is not running correctly, it says *Could
> not
> > load model watersheds. model ALGORITHM:saga:catchmentarea(parallel)*
>
> This message not related to TauDEM, you see this message because
> SAGA provider is not enabled. Please look for another messages
> in SEXTANTE History and Log window.
>
> Also can you try to run any TauDEM tool from pure commandline and
> see if it works? For exmaple simplest one — PitRemove.
>
> --
> Alexander Bruy

*LEO KRIS M. PALAO*
Researcher
World Agroforestry Centre (International Centre for Research in
Agroforestry)
Mobile #: +63(916)7698-367
E-mail: L.Palao at irri.org or lk.palao at gmail.com

*Transforming Lives and Landscapes