[Qgis-user] Fwd: QGis and developpement version

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Mar 17 11:18:26 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Petit frère <ecran64 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi Anita,
>
> I am agree with you... but do you think that It's not frustrating for a
> non-expert (person who want to do some treatment to do with some shapefile)
> to know that in the current version, he can't do what he want due to a bug,
> but that it is already solved in the newer version, but he have to wait for
> the next version? And the same as when this person will ask for an advice on
> forum, and the answer is "in the 1.9, you can do it easily, but until its
> release, you need to write some command lines ....".
>
> Why there is not more often released versions of QGis? Even with a minimal
> evolution?

QGIS used to have around two releases a year but preparations for the
major 2.0 release simply took more time than usual. I'm very
optimistic that QGIS will return to a faster release cycle once 2.0 is
out.

We just need a little more patience. There is already a release
schedule for 2.0 after all :)

Best wishes,
Anita