[Qgis-user] Fwd: QGis and developpement version

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Mar 17 11:50:28 PDT 2013

Am 17.03.2013 18:08, schrieb Anita Graser:

> OSGeo4W is certainly a little more involved. On the other hand -
> without wanting to sound arrogant - I don't think that non-tech people
> should be using a nightly build. In my opinion, having a little more
> difficult installer is kind of a protection mechanism.

It could be helpful if the "Desktop Quick Install" includes a checkbox
for QGIS Master, with a warning message if necessary.

The annoying thing withQGIS Lisboa is that bugs like the bad shapefile
encoding still fed up many end-users.

And for the Ubuntu world, I think there should be something more
comfortable than typing commands in a terminal window. That's simply not
state-of-the-art in times of smartphones and tablet PCs.

Greetings,
André Joost