[Qgis-user] Polygon digitalization

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Mar 19 15:34:34 PDT 2013

Hi Marco

I had not tried for a while and just followed the discussion and activity
regarding this issue.
Tonight I tried again both on QGIS 1.8 and 1.9 through OSGeo4w on Windows 7
(64 bit).
I updated QGIS-dev (to Code revision 32de07d) before testing and can still
recreate the behavior, regardless if "Enable topological editing" is
activated or not. I also activated "Enable snapping on intersection", set
the snapping tolerance to 0.001 meter for both vertex and segments and
digitized at at 1:1000 scale. Not successfull for 1.8 and 1.9-Master. I have
to admit that I created rather artificial polygons for testing, but land
cover and vegetation can have quite complex forms as well...
When I tested I had only one layer in the project, the one I was editing...

I can try on Ubuntu tomorrow...

Best regards
Stefan