[Qgis-user] manually change FID/OID

José Pedro Santos zpsantos1 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:07:09 PDT 2013

Hi Christian,

Why you don't create a new column with the ID values that you want? If you want to edit some columns or rows you can use the Field Calculator.

Best Regards,
José Santos

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:59:08 +0100
From: chris.roettger at web.de
To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [Qgis-user] manually change FID/OID

Hi,

i have the following problem: If i export a postgis db with qgis it mixes up the rows. On the first position in the attribute table is a value with id 2400 but should be 0 or 1
e.g.
      id      objectname

0 | 2400 | name 2400  ...
1 | 828   | name 828   ...

When i inspect the database, everything seems to be ok, as the line with id =1 shows up on the top position and id is set as primary key.
Has anybody an idea how i can get my table back in the right order or how to manually update the FID/OID with my id values?

I need that for an geotools importer which reads the FID and i cant change the import parameters.

Thanks christian