[Qgis-user] Installed locations of plugins in QGIS2.0

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Fri Nov 1 07:37:03 PDT 2013

Hi,

Some plugins have a "Category" tag what is exactly what you remember from 1.8.
If the category is not specified, you can start from the Plugins menu/toolbar.

Please note the plugin manager doesn't really know that location, it only
knows a plugin category declared by its author. The category should fit
appropriate menu and toolbar, so in 1.8 it was presented explicitly as
"Installed in XXXXXX menu/toolbar". But in fact the XXXXXX was just the
category. This tag isn't mandatory, and if missing, the word "Plugins" was
assumed. Unfortunately it wasn't reliable at all, and often was definitely
confusing. So we decided to present it in more careful manner, and doesn't
assume anything if it's missing.

In the future we're going to find a more reliable way to indicate where to look
for a plugin. One idea is a short "how to start" text next to the plugin
decription.