[Qgis-user] How do I georeference an xls file opened in QGIS 2.0

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 11:15:36 PST 2013

I don't know if there's a plugin for that.
Otherwise you could use Processing. Under QGIS geoalgorithms -> Vector
creation tools you find Points layer from file. If you right click on it
and choose Execute as batch process, you could generate all the shapefiles
in one shot.

giovanni

2013/11/5 Brent Wood <pcreso at pcreso.com>

> I can open an XLS file OK, using vector dialogue, change file type to all,
> choose an xls file (created by Open Office) & I can open it & view the
> attribute table fine.
>
> What I'm unable to do is tell QGIS which columns to use for the lat/lon
> columns (each row represents a point). I can do this if I save the xls as a
> csv & open the delimited text file, but is there any way to do this
> natively with the xls file? I don't want to store a QGIS csv version of
> every spreadsheet....
>
> Brent Wood

Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri