[Qgis-user] Configuring the OTB toolbox?

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:19:34 PST 2013

Hey Johanna, I just got OTB working today.

Here's what I did, because I did notice that it isn't installed
through the Stand Alone QGIS installer or the 64bit OSGeo4W packager.

Download both:
(1) otb-bin and (2) otb-python tar.bz2 files from
http://orfeo-toolbox.org/packages/nightly/latest
These are nightly builds, but the only place I've found with current
Windows files needed for processing toolbox. So you can come back and
get them everyday if you like =P

They both contain a tar file after you first extract them.
Extract the contents of those tar files (you should see folders like
apps, bin, etc) to your QGIS directory so they merge with your
existing apps, bin and etc folders.
If you installed with OSGeo4W, you simply drop them into the OSGeo4W
folder, for example.

Now you should be able to simply activate the OTB tools in the
"providers" config window for the processing toolbox without having to
specify a path to the OTB libs and such. They should be found
automatically.

Donovan