[Qgis-user] data defined style with $scale

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Mon Nov 18 22:50:45 PST 2013

Hi

I have a question regarding data defined styling. I'm using the $scale parameter to define the line width:

CASE
WHEN $scale <= 500.0 THEN 1
WHEN ($scale > 500 AND $scale <= 1000) THEN 0.5
END

I would expect that the line is not drawn with a scale larger than 1000. But it seems the line is still drawn. It even draws the line with an ELSE-statement:

CASE
WHEN $scale <= 500.0 THEN 1
WHEN ($scale > 500 AND $scale <= 1000) THEN 0.5
ELSE 0.0
END

It seems that I get my expected result when I use an ELSE value near zero (e.g. 0.0000001).

Is this on purpose? Or is there an error in my statement?

regards
Stefan

Freundliche Grüsse
Stefan Ziegler