[Qgis-user] Shape file points not appearing in 2.0.1

Daniel Kranich daniel at nusalaska.com
Tue Nov 19 10:02:53 PST 2013

Hello,

I have been using Qgis for about a year and a half now. I just upgraded
from 1.8 to 2.0 and have run into an issue with one of my shape files.

I have a shape file that is a point layer which has been working fine
and displaying fine in 1.8. When I open the layer in 2.0.1, The symbols
no longer appear on the map. The attribute table still has all the data,
and If I select one and pan the map to that selection, It zooms in to
where that particular point should be but the point is not visible on
the map.

I have checked out the symbology and there is no reason for the points
to not show up (checked transparency/size etc). I also tried removing
the layer, and re-adding it and the same problem occurs. I have also
double checked that it is the top layer and should be rendered on top of
everything else, and I double checked the Coordinate system. Somehow the
points are there, and when you go to a specific point, it takes you to
the right place, but the point just isn't appearing on the map.

Has anyone else encountered a problem similar to this? I searched a bit
through the bug tracker, but found nothing. Im also planning on moving
all our data over to a PostGIS database and hopefully this might fix the
problem, but until then I would really rather use 2.0 instead of 1.8.

Thanks.