[Qgis-user] including images in (database) attributes

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:38:11 PST 2013

Hi all

We also implemented Image dynamic link in Lizmap Web Client. You need to
store the image file in a "media" folder relative the the project, fill an
attribute of the layer with relative path to the image files
(e.gg"media/pictures/photo1.jpg" ) . In the web client the image is
displayed in
the information popup (getFeatureInfo). If the file is not a photo, Lizmap
popup shows a link to the file (pdf, zip, etc.).

Example here :
http://demo.lizmap.3liz.com/index.php/view/map/?repository=montpellier&project=montpellier&zoom=1&lat=5405666.66058&lon=431227.17957&layers=B0FTFFFFFFFTFTT
You can click on one "district" polygon to show the popup. The attribute
"illustration" contains the relative path to the image (with a link to open
it in a new tab).

The photo widget in QGIS forms is the right way to go. We must make the
stored path relative to the project though, to help people move or publish
the project and data easily.

Michael