[Qgis-user] What is the best way to do a simple watershed analysis on a raster grid?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:43:39 PST 2013

Hi

I already tried the saga and grass tools via Processing framework. They are
really powerfull, but also really complicated in my opinion. Hard to find
the correct algo, the correct treshold, necessity to manually vectorize the
produced watershed raster (I have surely missed something here...), etc.
I am surely not an hydrology expert, but I am convinced that we could
create a full processing model wich let humble users do the job.
Any pointers to documentation or examples would be apreciated if anyone
know some (I searched "grass catchment basin" or other keywords and could
not find a step by step procedure adapted to "beginners")

Michael