[Qgis-user] What is the best way to do a simple watershed analysis on a raster grid?

Lene Fischer lfi at ign.ku.dk
Wed Nov 27 03:12:30 PST 2013

Hi Michael,
Try this cookbook http://qgissextante.blogspot.dk/2013/01/hydrology-analysis-with-taudem.html

Regards
Lene Fischer
________________________________
From: qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] on behalf of kimaidou [kimaidou at gmail.com]
Sent: 26 November 2013 20:43
To: Alexander Bruy
Cc: qgis-user
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] What is the best way to do a simple watershed analysis on a raster grid?

Hi

I already tried the saga and grass tools via Processing framework. They are really powerfull, but also really complicated in my opinion. Hard to find the correct algo, the correct treshold, necessity to manually vectorize the produced watershed raster (I have surely missed something here...), etc.
I am surely not an hydrology expert, but I am convinced that we could create a full processing model wich let humble users do the job.
Any pointers to documentation or examples would be apreciated if anyone know some (I searched "grass catchment basin" or other keywords and could not find a step by step procedure adapted to "beginners")

Michael