[Qgis-user] MGRS Coordinates: a recurrent question

Luca Arzeni l.arzeni at iname.com
Thu Nov 28 00:59:36 PST 2013

Hi there,
Environment QGIS 2.0, Debian GNU Linux 7.0 on AMD64

I need to show to the user the coordinates in MGRS, as it moves the pointer over a map, as currently happens for the system defined CRS

I saw that I could define a CRS conversion using proj, but looking at few old mail it seems that there is no way to tackle this issue with proj.

I have C code that can convert long/lat to MGRS.

What is the proper way to implement this function?

If someone can shed some light I would implement a plugin and gave it back to the community...

Any hint will be appreciated!

Thanks, larzeni