[Qgis-user] MGRS Coordinates: a recurrent question

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Thu Nov 28 01:58:22 PST 2013

Am 28.11.2013 09:59, schrieb Luca Arzeni:> Hi there,
 > Environment QGIS 2.0, Debian GNU Linux 7.0 on AMD64
 > I need to show to the user the coordinates in MGRS, as it moves the
 >pointer over a map, as currently happens for the system defined CRS
 > I saw that I could define a CRS conversion using proj, but looking at
 >few old mail it seems that there is no way to tackle this issue with
 >proj.
 >
 > I have C code that can convert long/lat to MGRS.
 > What is the proper way to implement this function?
 > If someone can shed some light I would implement a plugin and gave it
 > back to the community...
 >
 > Any hint will be appreciated!
 > Thanks, larzeni

Hello!

Sorry, I am not really able to give specific help, but I would also look
forward to have this feature in QGIS! At least, I am willing to test
when available...

In general, I think it would be the best way to implement this as a
python plugin if it is not somehow integrated into core...

kind regards,
Albin

P.S.: If not already known, some documentation:
http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/