[Qgis-user] Which port does qgis use to connect to wms, wfs, ... plugin repository?

rob vech rob.vech87 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 06:54:45 PDT 2013

Hello all,
I enjoyed to use qgis (2.0.1 dufour) in my research work and I'd like to
use it in my hydrological class.
The computers room that I use has very limited security rules and so,
only port 80 is open for external connection (mainly html).
That is probably the reason why I cannot connect to external services
like WMS, WFS ... that work fine with my pc!
I'd like to know if there is any possibility to know which port qgis
uses to make connections (so I can ask to the room administrator to open
it!) or if there is some way to change it to 80, that is already free.
Thank you very much
rob