[Qgis-user] FW: Using one vector layers to calculate the unemplyment rate in another vector layer

Pretorius Deon - Lieutenant Colonel PretoriusDeon at saps.gov.za
Mon Oct 28 22:15:50 PDT 2013

Hi Everybody,

I have a vector layer that exist out of about 1000 polygons of the different police districts.  Then I have a Sensus sub-place vector layer with over 10 000 sub-places which indicate the number of unemployed citizens per polygon.  The Sensus sub-place layer therefor overlaps with the police districts and when visualize some sub-places can make up 1%  up to 100% of a given police district.  Most of the police districts also  contains 4 or more sub-places.  The problem is  I want to calculate the "approximate" unemployment rate per police district by using the data from the Sensus sub-place layer.  Is there perhaps an explanation on how I can determine" approximately proportionally" what the unemployment is per police district.   I am new to QGIS and not up to date with programming, however any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Deon Pretorius