[Qgis-user] Field Calculator/Python Plugins

Pretorius Deon - Lieutenant Colonel PretoriusDeon at saps.gov.za
Thu Oct 31 00:43:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

1.       Where can I learn more about on how to use the Field calculator as well as the Python Plugins as Iam new to this.

2.       I need to determine the unemployment rate for each district.  There are over 10 000 small_place_codes and just over 1000 district. The majority of the small places overlaps with districts so I did an intersection for the two layers. An example of the results are as follows:

3.       How can I now calculate what the average percentage are per Small_Place_Code and also what the results will be for each district?

Small_Place_Code

Districk_Name

Small_Place_Areakm2

District_AreaKM2