[Qgis-user] Filling field with data

Pat Brown mistyhaven at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 12:41:02 PDT 2013

Hi,
   I have a polygon layer and a point layer. Using "Points in Polygons" I
have isolated a set of points that occur in one particular polygon. This
polygon has a name in the polygon Attribute Table. I have created a field
in the point table and now I want to read from the polygon table the name
of the polygon and write it into the point table against each of the points
in the selection. I cannot work out the syntax in the calculator to read
from one table and write to another table. Can anyone help please?

Pat