[Qgis-user] Vector symbology from attribute table

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Mon Aug 4 02:31:09 PDT 2014

Dear Leo,

you can do it in the properties dialog of the layer.
For example if you have a polygon layer, and the fill color is stored in
the attribute table of the layer than
1. open properties dialog of the layer
2. select style tab (left)
3. click on "Simple fill" under symbol layers (if you can't see Simple
fill, click on the triangle before Fill to extend the tree)
4. click on data defined properties... button
5. you can give an attribute or an expression of attributes to define the
fill color

I hope it helps you,
Zoltan