[Qgis-user] question about print composer

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:29:46 PDT 2014

I have a walkthrough to share:

1. Open the dbf file of layer in Calc (or Excel)

2. Styling the table to be included in map. Lines must be 1 pixel width or
more

3. Export to PDF

4. Open with Inkscape (Corel Draw can be used also)

5. Clip/adjust limits of sheet to limits of table.. or both to size that we
have in QGIS composer.

6. Save as SVG "text" versión for any future change. Don't close, because
we need another version.

6. Select all objects and convert to "paths" (it says "trayectos" in
Spanish)

7. Save a second version: "paths" as SVG. In this version, text is not
editable, but it's fine showed in composer. Text version has troubles to be
showed. Take note of dimensions of this drawing, because it'll be used in
composer (width and tall).

8. In composer insert an image, select our SVG "paths" and define position,
width and tall.

Best wishes

Carlos Cerdán