[Qgis-user] Problem with VRT format

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Aug 11 05:12:02 PDT 2014

Selon Patrick Giraudoux <patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr>:

> Dear lister,
>
> I meet a problem trying to wrap layers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 70 of
> landstat ETM into a VRT format. Everything goes well including writing
> the VRT file via the raster menu (see the result below), BUT when I load
> it from QGIS and try to find the layers in the "properties" (mutiple
> band colors), I can just access to "band1 (grey)"...
>
> I am working with QGIS 2.2.0 Valmiera under Windows 7 pro.
>
> Any idea about what happens ?

Patrick,

Yes, you have combined the files with the (default) option that is used to
create mosaics. Which you do not want since they have the same extent, but you
would want to make a band with each one of them. I have no QGIS at hand right
now, but the gdalbuildvrt utility that QGIS likely uses has a -separate option
to do what you want. Perhaps the QGIS GUI has also a "separate" checkbox for
that. Otherwise time to go on the command line and try
http://gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html

Even

http://www.spatialys.com