[Qgis-user] Velocity Difference Calculation?

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sun Aug 17 15:22:41 PDT 2014

I can think of a couple of ways you might be able to do this - but
considering I haven't done something like this before it's a guess.

You can derive an interval in seconds I believe (referencing
http://nathanw.net/2012/06/30/better-date-and-time-support-in-qgis-expressions-and-styles/)
from the point data  - I'm assuming you have date and time (or at least
time).

You could connect the points with a line (that would give you distance).

I'm thinking this might be better accomplished in a database as opposed
to a shapefile (assuming shapefile).

...and I think I've just given you the most abstract assumed non-answer
ever.

Lemme think on this one a bit more. Hopefully someone has a practical
answer.

Randy