[Qgis-user] Reverting to version 2.2 from 2.4

Laura O'Grady laura at lauraogrady.ca
Mon Aug 18 15:21:00 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm using a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I downloaded the installer
(osgeo4w-setup-x86_64.exe) in the fall of 2013 when I purchased, "Learning
QGIS 2.0" book in the fall of 2013. I only recently installed it and was
slightly surprised to see version 2.2 install instead of 2.0. I assumed this
would not be an issue for the tutorials I was going to use to teach myself
the program.

I was following one particular QGIS tutorial online through Canvas when I
was required to install a package in order to complete the task. As a result
QGIS upgraded to version 2.4, which broke some plug-ins (specifically open
layers, OSM) that I was using.

I would like to know what is the best method to complete the following
tasks:

(1). Remove version 2.4 and ensure there are no hooks remaining on my
computer

(2). Re-install version 2.2 (I'm assuming it would be download it from here:
http://qgis.org/downloads/ , specifically the file
QGIS-OSGeo4W-2.2.0-1-Setup-x86_64.exe, dated February 26, 2014)

(3). Ensure that adding packages in the future doesn't automatically upgrade
my version to 2.2 to 2.X.

I can understand the generic installer I was using a few months ago to
install what I thought was 2.0 actually installed 2.2 but I think I should
have been asked/warned about the version change from 2.2 to 2.4. Thanks.

Laura