[Qgis-user] Reverting to version 2.2 from 2.4

Laura O'Grady laura at lauraogrady.ca
Tue Aug 19 10:46:41 PDT 2014

Thanks for your response Damien. I need both open layers and OSM to work.
The OSM plugin has just been updated and I upgraded it. I'm not sure from
your response if you have both of these plugins working on 2.4 and what OS
you are using.

I should have added that I already followed the instructions posted earlier
this month on this list by John Harrop. I continue to get errors when using
the open layers/OSM plug-in. It may be because we are using different
operating systems (he's on a Mac and I'm on a PC).

If anyone is interested in what happened I'll attempt to recreate what I did
here.

When I was using OSM/Open Layers before in QGIS 2.2 I used the tutorial
posted here: http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/downloading_osm_data.html.

I was able to follow it perfectly and download data for the area I was
interested in (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), a database was created and I was
then able to query SpatialLite for specific points/tags for a project I'm
working on with my local OSM community. The files I saved in QGIS 2.2 will
not work in 2.4. When I opened the 2.2 version .qgs file in 2.4 I got an
error message stating that if I saved this project in the new version all
functionality may be lost. I tried it anyway and sure enough it no longer
worked.

When I attempted to re-create this process in 2.4 using the instructions
posted here by John I was able to load Open Street Map as the basemap I
could not download the data. I tried loading it from the canvas (link to
screen dump with error):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10032664/error%20map%20canvas.png

and loading it from the map layer (link to screen dump with error):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10032664/error%20from%20layer.png

If you look in the bottom left corner of the "Download Open Street Data"
dialogue boxes in both screen dumps you will see that they have "0.0 MB"
already hard coded. I could not remove or adjust this number. I didn't
attempt the manual entry because this same issue regarding the 0.0 MB
appeared again with this option checked off. As I can't get the data
downloaded I cannot move forward with downloading the tags I'm interested
in.

Any help on either further troubleshooting the open layers/OSM issue or my
original question about reverted to version 2.2 is appreciated. Thanks.

Laura