[Qgis-user] Intended work-flow for joining table to layer?

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:27:00 PDT 2014

Hi Bernd,

> what format other than the standard shp format could be proposed then for
> e.g. for the Processing output (GRASS and SAGA functions seem not to support
> memory layer)?

Any GDAL-supported format. E.g. SQLite, GML, KML, DXF, GeoJSON etc.

> And it does not seem to be possible to change the default save option from
> shp to sth else permanently for the toolbox?

Right, currently there is no way to set default output format. But
this can be added
I think.

> The charm of Processing is that you can quickly do a lot of
> trial-and-error-runs on datasets without having to care where the data ends
> up cause its temporary anyway.

Hmm, for trial-and-error-runs shapefile IMO is ok. As I understand the problem
is not in Processing algs, but in join functionality from core.

--
Alexander Bruy