[Qgis-user] Intended work-flow for joining table to layer?

AntonioLocandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 21:30:58 PDT 2014

Shapefiles like it or not are here to stay for more years, I would suggest to
stop this non sense discussion. Spatialite is nice but really not as widely
used as many people think, plus I keep getting errors in QGIS when making
them.

Shapefiles have limitations but at the end you would need to support what
ever format people used. QGIS is clunky when dealing with joins, I can't do
a join and just have matching records easily. I wouldn't have an average
user deal with Spatialite or Postgresql to do a join when they would want a
simple way to do it.

I have had issues with the current way QGIS handles joins because it's not
what I am used to. At the end QGIS needs to support shapefiles because like
it or not is kind of a defacto format in GIS and to some point
"interoperable", as any GIS software can almost certainly read/write
shapefiles unlike other formats. Is this good/bad I think they are arguments
for either one but lets not get into it