[Qgis-user] Intended work-flow for joining table to layer?

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:11:36 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:30 PM, AntonioLocandro <
antoniolocandro at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would suggest to
> stop this non sense discussion

I would advise against using language like that, it comes across as rude.

In anycase, using sqlite (spatialite or geopackge, or whatever) as a
intermediate format for processing makes a lot of sense, but there is
always going to be issues if part of the toolbox out of our control
requires shape only.  We just have to warn the user that column names will
be affected using X process.  There is no need to cripple the whole system
because of the lowest file format.

We need two things here:

1) A way to easily change the joined field names. We can because they are
only in memory anyway, we mainly need a UI for it.
2) A warning that the exported columns will change if you are using shape
format.  Or a field header preview.

Nathan