[Qgis-user] QGIS BROWSER uselessness!

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:20:51 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 3:09 PM, SIT delle Riserve Naturali di Legambiente
Sicilia <sit at legambienteriserve.it> wrote:

> Can someone explain the usefulness of QGIS BROWSER?
> It 's very slow, does not allow you to rename files, and does not allow
> drag and drop files in QGIS DESKTOP!

1. I don't find it to be slow in my computer. In fact I have tested to open
the same folder full of shapefiles both in QGIS browser and Arccatalog 9.3,
and I can second Paolo experience. ArcCatalog hangs a bit before showing
the files and previewing, while QGIS Browser seems instant;
2. You are right, it does not allow one to rename files;
2. It DOES allow drag and drop to the QGIS Desktop (I have just tested).

> I think it would be very useful if it worked as ArcCatalog!

Would the "Legambiente Comitato Regionale Siciliano" consider sponsoring
the needed changes? Rename files seems a nice feature to have.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto