[Qgis-user] QGIS BROWSER uselessness!

Filipe Dias filipesdias at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:20:53 PDT 2014

The QGIS browser that's available inside QGIS is quite useful and for the
most part it works as well as ArcCatalog. The only issue I have is that
it's not possible to rename or delete layers with it (I think I submitted a
feature request a about this 2 years ago).

As for the standalone Qgis browser, I've never found any use for it. In the
past I used ArcCatalog as a file manager for deleting and renaming
shapefiles and rasters, but that was about it.