[Qgis-user] Geometry functions like xat(0) in "Processing"s field calculators

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Aug 27 03:51:38 PDT 2014

Can anybody tell me how to make field calculations inside a Processing Model
using geometry functions?

I would like to extract the coordinates of the start and ending points of
polylines in a shapefile.

Doing it manually in the field Calculator I would use xat(0), yat(0),
xat(-1) and yat(-1).

But in field calculator in Processing you can apparently not use the
geometry functions.

I have tried the Advanced Python field calculator and got as far as knowing
I have have to write something like:

value = $geom.???

But I cannot figure out if there is something like xat(0) possible in this
syntax?

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.2 (OSGeo4),