[Qgis-user] reposting q on reprojection problem in QGIS > 2.0

Peter Aldhous peter at peteraldhous.com
Tue Jul 1 11:33:20 PDT 2014

Dear Andre,

Thanks for your reply. I was optimistic that this would work, but sadly
it does not. I've tried creating various polygons, and running either
clip or difference. Even if I cut the world shapefile 5 degrees away
from 180E/W, I'm still getting the bizarre trapezoid behavior on
reprojection to Robinson in QGIS.

ogr3ogr in the command line works fine, and there I don't need to clip,
the reprojection works and the shapefile loads perfectly in QGIS. So
this is fine for my purposes, but it does seem that something has gone
awry with reprojection in the latest version of QGIS for the Mac. Which
will be a shame when I come to teach it.

Best wishes,

Peter

Peter Aldhous, PhD
Science journalist