[Qgis-user] Where qgis save the wms list

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jul 9 11:57:17 PDT 2014

On 09-07-14 20:01, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
> Installing a new QGIS 2.4 on a pc (windows 7) where before there was a qgis 1.8
> We see that is not possible to save any WMS definition.
>
> We try to define a new layer wms, but restarting the layer wms window
> we see it is not saved.
>
> So I like to know where the QGIS 2.4 save the wms layers list to see
> if there is some problem in that folder.

your connections end up in the local QSettings

On linux these are in ~/.config/QGIS/QGIS2.conf

On windows they by default end up in the registry.

in my QGIS2.conf they end up with a key starting with 'connections-wms'

you can (also on Windows) instruct QGIS to (temporarily) create a
QGIS2.conf file. I wrote something about this in this blogpost (see the
last section):

http://www.qgis.nl/2014/04/22/qgis-in-de-klas-onder-windows/?lang=en

Hope this is helpfull,

Richard Duivenvoorde