[Qgis-user] Problem with GPS tools

Gerardo Jiménez gejst5 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:47:20 PDT 2014

Hi
I installed QGis 2.4 either with the standalone and Osgeo installers on a
win7 Pro 64 laptop with 4 gb of RAM and I have the following problem

When I nvoke GpsTool either by the icon or the vector menu there is a long
delay until the dialog box appears. Furthermore, I have a message that Qgis
stops responding a few seconds later I have the dialog box and I can use
GPStools. Usually it takes between 15-20 second for the dialog box to
appear. I tried to see if there is a log related to the issue by activating
the log messages pannel  but there is no record that something is going
wrong.

I even installed the Qgis 2.5 but I have the same symptoms.

I would appreciate any help, Thanks before hand

--
Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas