[Qgis-user] Splitting file into multiple csv files

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Jul 14 23:47:32 PDT 2014

Hi,
Can't test this now, and am a very novice awk user, but if column 3 was
_not_ sorted, would only the last contiguous set of records be in the
output file(s)?
In other words, when does awk close the output file, and would '>>' be
safer than '>' ?

Regards,
Zoltan

On 2014/07/15 08:29, Matt Boyd wrote:
> I possibly shouldn't have bothered the list but as I did, this is the
> script I used.
>
> awk -F, '{print > $3}' Filtered_data.csv
>
> prints the whole line and creates a new file named & based on column 3.
>
> Simple enough to be embarrassing

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za