[Qgis-user] Merging multiple features in a shapefile

Paul Sorensen PaulS at andrewstewart.co.nz
Tue Jul 15 12:25:01 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have a shapefile with over 500,000 polygons that I want to merge together so there is only one feature. There is no information in the polygons just an ID number. Using the 'Merge Selected Features' function seems to be limited to about 10,000 features at a time, anymore and QGIS doesn't seem to be able to process it, or is it my computer? Is there another way to merge so many features together?

Cheers,
Paul Sorensen