[Qgis-user] For the devs - 1 opinion and 1 request

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:09:15 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I'd like to leave here one opinion about the GUI organisation and one
request:

1 - Comment - as far as the GUI goes, it's great. But some plugins just
have one option and still make an entry in the menu, for instance:

Raster - Georeferencer - Georeferencer
Vector - Table Manager - Table Manager
Vector - Spatial Query - Spatial Query
Vector - GPS - GPS Tools
and more, I believe.

Wouldn't it be better for these tools to be directly under the top-level
menu? Like:

Raster - Georeferencer
Vector - Table Manager
Vector - Spatial Query
Vector - GPS Tools

just a thought.

2 - Request
In the "merge shapefiles" tool, we only have the option of selecting files
from directories.
What about selection files that are already loaded in QGIS?
I think this would be a welcome addition.

3 - thanks for making this awesome software. Can't imagine doing my
research without it.

best

Carlos Grohmann

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572