[Qgis-user] Decimal numbers in Qgis

Hakala Oiva (MTT) oiva.hakala at mtt.fi
Tue Jul 22 22:37:04 PDT 2014

Hi

I am new here, but in trouble with Qgis.

I have a BAD problem with decimal numbers in shapefile attribute tables.

My set:

Ubuntu Linux 12.04
Qgis 2.2
Locale FI

Example:

The original number in attribute table is: 342,52189242800

Using binary editor I can see, that the internal format in dbf-file is: 3.42521892428e+002

And when I load the shapefile to Qgis, the result is:  3.00000000000

That is unaccepteble! In every attribute table all the digits beyond decimal separator are gone and the result is only integers.

So, what to do? This kind of prevents me from doing any serious work with Qgis. I have never used any program before, that cannot handle decimals! I have tried to use different locale internally in Qgis (english), but no help.

Oiva