[Qgis-user] Opening Raster from ESRI .GDB

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jul 24 12:27:46 PDT 2014

Le jeudi 24 juillet 2014 18:19:14, Michael Treglia a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I've Googled around, and it seems like this isn't currently possible, but
> wanted to check with folks on this list for any solution...
>
> A lot of data being produced by agencies is now available only as ESRI .gdb
> files. A dataset I'm particularly interested in working with is a gridded
> soil dataset (
> http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/soils/ref/?cid=nrcs142p2_05
> 3628 )
>
> These particular data are in raster format, stored as Arc 10.1 .gdb,
> available from here: http://datagateway.nrcs.usda.gov/GDGOrder.aspx

Mike,

When I reverse-engineered the vector part of FileGDB format that lead to the
OGR OpenFileGDB driver of GDAL 1.11, I came through a few raster GDB samples.
Dealing with them was not in the scope of the work that was funded, but from
what I've seen, I've good hope that decoding them would be reachable. Would
need some extra investigation of course to confirm and complementary funding...

Best regards,

Even

--
Geospatial professional services