[Qgis-user] Data driven symbols and labelling

les at true3d.com.au les at true3d.com.au
Fri Jul 25 17:37:14 PDT 2014

Andreas,

Thank you again for this information on data driven symbols and
labelling.  My current work around is to use rule based symbols.  I
still need to create each symbol individually.  The name of each rule
becomes the label in the legend and  the symbol is displayed on the map
as required.

This process works but is time consuming when there are more than 50
points to label.  I was hoping to automate the process however I will
continue as is for now.

I have been using QGIS exclusively since 2011 and it only gets better
with each new version.  Although it will not yet create the legend I
want, I am very happy with the software.

Regards,

Les Searle