[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Peter Versteeg peterverst at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 06:35:27 PDT 2014

Hello,

I use arcmap desktop 10.2.2. In the workflow i use atm i make a geotiff
using the export map option in arcmap.

I need 4000dpi and i use geotiff tags and compression (LZW).

The resolutions of my geotiff is.

See png

[image: rasterinfo.png]
<https://geonet.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-391241-2616/rasterinfo.png>

I use the geotiff as raster for a 3D simulation. The software i use for
this needs a specific resolution.

They need to by in the power of 2.  So the rows and columns need to by
4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536, 131072 etc.

I use QGIS to adjust the resolution. see png

[image: rasterqgis.png]
<https://geonet.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-391241-2617/rasterqgis.png>

What i found out is that QGIS is not good with compression. My arcmap
export fire is 120k. The file QGIS makes is 6292k without compression and
4194 with compression.

Also the low and high compression file size is the same and JPEG is not
working.

Why is the file size so big and what can i do about it.

thank you and greetings Peter