[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jul 26 10:23:53 PDT 2014

What tool in QGIS are you using to adjust the raster? Can you please
include the exact command you are currently using.

If you are using something from the Raster Menu (aka GDAL Tools) then
you need to set the compression and type of number manually.

The type of number stored dictates a large amount of overhead, there is
a huge difference between Integer and Float.

-co COMPRESS=LZW  -ot Int16

See http://www.gdal.org/gdal_translate.html for options. Pick the
smallest type of number storage that holds your data correctly. Most
GDAL tools will default to Float, that is likely the difference.

Thanks,
Alex