[Qgis-user] [QGIS] Problems creating a line in QGIS

Nicole Stoffels stoffels at f2e.de
Mon Jul 28 01:50:18 PDT 2014

Dear QGIS-Users,

I want to create a line in QGIS characterizing a street. I have a
georeferenced GoogleEarth map as background.

At first I create a new shape file (line, decimal numbers). It occurs in
my layer list and I click 'Toggle Editing' and 'Create a new object'.
Recently I could start to create my new line by clicking along the
street. Now it's impossible. My mouse does not align with the pink
cross. When I click the first time, the point of my line appears where
the pink cross is and not where I click with the mouse. The position of
the pink cross is completely random.

Did anyone ever have this problem and knows a solution? Is something
wrong with my settings?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Nicole