[Qgis-user] Error in dialog for joining files

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 11:04:43 PDT 2014

I have detected an error in the dialog for joining files (ftools plugin).

This error is issued:when pressing the "accept" button in the dialog that
appears at:

Vector => Data management => Combine shape files

(the menu names could differ, I'm translating to english the names that
appear in my localised menu).

  File
"C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\qgis\python\plugins\fTools\tools\doMergeShapes.py", line
159, in accept
AttributeError: 'Dialog' object has no attribute 'encoding'

I have qgis instaled from OSGEO4Windows distribution, and OSGeo's Python27
is the first python interpreter in the python search path.

I think changing all references to self.Encoding to "System" could work as
a quick hack, but I don't manage it to work (I don't remember how did I
recompile a .pyc from a .py last time I needed it).