[Qgis-user] QGIS Python integration

Derek Hohls dhohls at csir.co.za
Sun Mar 2 23:17:21 PST 2014

I have a similar problem to Dave, but a different error:

sudo apt-get install python-qgis

or been moved out of Incoming.

python-qgis : Depends: libqgis1.7.5 but it is not going to be installed

Is there a way to resolve this without reinstalling QGIS? (I am running
Ubuntu 13.10)

Thanks
Derek

On 02/28/2014 04:19 PM, Dave Kimble wrote:
> Ubuntu 13.10, QGIS 2.0.1, Python 2.7.5, Python 3.3.2
> QGIS > Plugins > Manage Plugins > Settings > is saying "no python
> support detected",
> but I have v2.7 and v3.3 installed.
>
> QGIS is working OK, but I guess I'm missing some features.
> I need to clip some gigantic shapefiles down to just my locality, which
> I think you call geoprocessing, and it looks like ftools will do that,
> but it doesn't show up on the plug-in list.
>
> How do you search the archives for previously asked questions?

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Quantum-GIS-f4099105.html

The most likely answer is your missing the python-qgis package. FYI QGIS
uses python 2.x

Thanks,
Alex

and is believed to be clean.