[Qgis-user] US/North America User Group update?

Chrest, David davidc at rti.org
Mon Mar 3 08:07:15 PST 2014

What is the latest news regarding the US/North America QGIS Users Group?
Is there an established website? First meeting? Any idea how many QGIS
users in the US? I recall someone stating on this list, "I'd sure like
to meet people using QGIS!" Just a few people here where I work use it
lightly, mostly for data investigation. I myself and my fellow GIS
coworkers are lifelong ESRI users but I began investigating QGIS heavily
last fall when 2.0 came out and then gave a lunchtime interactive QGIS
demo presentation for my coworkers. They were quite amazed. Many had no
idea about QGIS or what it could do. Shortly after some of my first
posts to this list, a nice professor at the University of North Carolina
up the road in Chapel Hill contacted me. He was happy to find another
local QGIS user and we met for lunch to talk shop.

David Chrest