[Qgis-user] Selecting rasters with vector layer

Asher Kamiraze asher.kamiraze at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:53:30 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have a set of more than 200 ecw rasters that I can easily load in QGIS. I
also have a vector polygon layer which bounds an area covering a part of
the area covered by the whole set of rasters. What I would like to do is to
extract only, the raster which are intersected by the vector boundary. As a
final goal, I would like to only mosaic thoses images. I did not found a
way to easily do this in QGIS. Any idea on how to achieve this?

As a workaround, I have opened only the raster intersecting the vector, and
would like to mosaic them. However, it does not seem to be a function in
QGIS ready to mosaic all opened (or selected) rasters. Any idea on how to
automate the process?

Hope you could help

Regards